Jetty IslandAdd To Itinerary
Jetty Island is 2-mile-long by half-mile-wide man-made island that lies just off the Everett waterfront. This little island, just 30 minutes north of Seattle, off the Everett waterfront is fast becoming the NW's best beach for kiteboard learning and riding. With its wide shallow water beach it is ideal for kiteboard training at any level. It receives steady and predictable sea breezes almost every afternoon into the evening between April and September. A free summer ferry transports visitors about every half-hour across the Snohomish River channel from July 5 through Sept. 5. The last boat off the island is usually around 5:30pm which is typically when the wind is best for kiteboarders. Don’t get stuck without a ride back. http://www.urbansurf.com/kiteschool/kite_school_spring-summer
The island also serves as a refuge for 45 species of birds, highlighted by nesting pairs of Caspian Tern and Glaucous-winged Gull. Others include Pigeon Guillemot, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, Black-bellied and Semi-palmated Plover, Short-billed Dowitcher, Killdeer; and Least, Spotted and Western Sandpiper.
The west side of the island features a gently sloping beach that extends far out into Puget Sound, with the shallow water warmed to pleasant wading temperatures. A short trail wanders south of the ranger station; visitors are requested to keep to the beaches further north to protect the inland habitat.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- No pets or bikes
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- There is little cover on the island, so bring sunscreen and water.
- Alcohol is prohibited on Jetty Island during “Jetty Island Days” and brings a $1000 fine to violators.
- Kiteboarders, as a general rule, should set up equipment on the far North end and ride well out of the way of any beachgoers, the 2-3 line length as a safety buffer rule should always apply. If its your fist time Kiteboarding on Jetty Island please ask other riders about launching and no riding zones as described below.
July 5 - Sept. 5, 2016
- M-Th: 10am-6pm
- Fri & Sat: 10am-9pm
- Sun: 10am-7pm
Welcome Aboard the Jetty Island Ferry
The free ferry departs from the Jetty Landing & Boat Launch at 10th and W. Marine View Dr. Help us keep cruising with a suggested donation: $2 per adult and $1 per child.
Reserve Your Spot on the Ferry!
- Open to City of Everett residents and groups of 8 or more.
- Schedule 48 business hours or more in advance.
- Business hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm. Closed Sat & Sun.
- Call the Jetty Island reservation line: 425-257-8304 (April 1-Sep 4)
Boarding the Ferry
- Allow at least 15 minutes to pick up your boarding pass prior to your ferry departure time.
- Allow time to pay for parking
- Tickets not claimed 15 minutes prior to ferry departure will be given to those on standby.
The Port of Everett parking fee is $3. Parking machines accept credit cards or cash, but do not dispense change.