Edmonds-South Snohomish County Historical Society MuseumAdd To Itinerary
The museum building has two floors. The upper floor features an exhibit gallery which offers temporary rotating displays 3-5 times a year. The upper level also houses the gift shop, administrative offices, local history library and an extensive photography archive. The public is encouraged to use the research library with an advance appointment.
The ground floor consists of permanent displays detailing the history of Edmonds and interpreting the many changes that have taken place, from the age of exploration and discovery, through the founding and growth of the city, and up to the 1950s when the last mill closed. Highlights of the exhibit include a reconstruction of a room from the 1894 Stevens Hotel, and a working model of a shingle mill, representative of the mills that filled the waterfront at the turn of the century.
The museum is located in the 1910 Carnegie Library Building, and is also listed on the Registry of Historic Buildings.
Hours: Wed - Sun 1:00 - 4:00pm
Admission: Suggested donations for admission are $2.00 for adults and $1.00 for students.