The City of Mountlake Terrace is a full-service city and is one of the most affordable places to live in the Seattle metropolitan region. Mountlake Terrace offers affordable housing and the lowest property tax in the region.
• Mountlake Terrace has easy access. I-5 runs right through the heart of the City, which can put you in Seattle in 20 minutes or at SeaTac International Airport in 35 minutes. In addition, the City has access to three transit lines. That means fast and easy commutes for residents traveling to Seattle and other neighboring cities. Mountlake Terrace is just a bus ride away from the University of Washington, and there are four hospital systems within a 10-mile radius.
• The City of Mountlake Terrace is committed to the safety of its residents. Twenty thousand people live in four square miles—making Mountlake Terrace one of the most densely populated cities in the state. Add to that the excellent police force that is always keeping a watchful eye out, and the result is a community where you feel safe raising your family.
• Mountlake Terrace focuses on family, which is why it devotes over 260 acres to recreation, including its popular aquatic center, nine neighborhood parks, three sports complexes, and 14 sports fields. Every summer, the city hosts Tour de Terrace, a Seafair festival that attracts thousands of people from all over the region.
• Mountlake Terrace takes advantage of its beautiful, outdoor setting. The City maintains miles of trails (with plans to connect to the popular regional Interurban Trail). The tall evergreen trees lining the streets give the feeling of living in the heart of a beautiful park. Not to mention our excellent views: Lake Ballinger and mountain ranges to the east and west. Plus the City is just five miles from the Puget Sound and within 100 miles of six national parks and forests.
• Mountlake Terrace provides a revitalized downtown, featuring fun nightspots and restaurants that offer a range of dining options. Visit Double DD Meats, Diamond Knot Brewpub, and Cinebarre (where you can enjoy theater and microbrews).
• The City of Mountlake Terrace leadership is focused and engaged. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff. You can find us out and about, shaking hands, getting to know our residents.
City of Mountlake Terrace
6100 219th Street SW, Suite 200
Mountlake Terrace Recreation and Parks
5303 228th St SW
Edmonds School District
20420 68th Ave W, Edmonds